Call Display requires a Call Display-capable telephone. Once Call Display is activated on your phone line, all you need to do is connect your phone. Incoming calls will automatically display after the first ring.
NOTE: Always check with the owner's manual of your equipment to ensure proper installation.
Troubleshooting Call Display
In some situations, the name and number may not appear on your display screen. Instead, the following may appear:
|Private or Anonymous Number||The caller has used Per Call Blocking to block the display of their name and number.|
|Out of Area||The region your caller is dialing from may not support Call Display service.|
|Unknown||The phone service your caller is using or the area they are calling from does not support Call Display service.|
|Private Name with Number Displayed||The caller may have an unpublished number or may have requested the blocking of their name.|
If you have any other difficulties using Call Display, try the steps below:
- Make sure the power adapter is securely plugged into the back of the display telephone or device and securely plugged into an electrical outlet that you know is working.
- Try unplugging and re-plugging the power adapter into both the display device and the electrical outlet.
- If your display device requires batteries, try replacing them.
- Remove any additional equipment you may have attached to the display device, such as an answering machine or other telephone set.
- Plug the display device directly into the jack and working electrical outlet.
- Take your display device to the home of a friend or neighbour who also has Call Display and try it on their line.
- If it appears the problem is with the display telephone or device, consider getting the device checked at the place where it was purchased.
If you need more help using Call Display or any additional information call the Calling Features Helpline at 1-800-663-8131 and follow the easy-to-use voice prompts.