What is On Demand (VOD)?
On Demand includes TV On Demand and Movies On Demand.
TV On Demand gives you access to great TV shows and movies available on your schedule, 24/7. The shows and movies in the TV On Demand category come complimentary with your subscription to select channels. All customers have access to YTV On Demand.
Movies On Demand allows you to rent movies through your TV for a rental fee. You can choose the movies you want to watch from the hundreds we have in our catalogue including HD and 3D titles, and start the movie whenever you want. You have full control to pause, rewind and fast forward. Plus you don't have to worry about late fees. You can view the movies that you rent as often as you like during the rental period. Check out the On Demand titles featured this month.
What is Pay Per View (PPV)
Pay Per View (PPV) allows you to pre-purchase major events on your TV to be viewed at a later time. There are selections to great events, such as UFC® and WWE®. Click here to check for upcoming Pay Per View events.
Can I get HD On Demand (HD VOD) or HD Pay Per View (HD PPV)?
Yes. In On Demand, just select titles which are marked with "HD" on the movie poster in the On Demand menu. All live PPV events are available in HD and can be found on channels 675 and 676.
How do I purchase an On Demand program?
Renting an On Demand program
- Press the On Demand button on your remote.
- Use the arrow buttons to select a video category.
- Use the arrow buttons to select a video you would like to watch and press OK. The program info screen will appear for you to watch a trailer or rent the video.
- Select Rent, which is shown as a $ icon, and press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to select Rent and press OK. The video will begin playing immediately.
How do I purchase a Pay Per View program?
Purchasing a PPV event
PPV events in standard definition are ordered through channels 135 and 136. Events in HD can be ordered through channels 675 and 676. Charges will appear on next month's bill.
- Press the Guide button on your remote and navigate to the Pay Per View Channel (135,136, 675 or 676).
- Navigate to the PPV event that you want to purchase and press OK.
- Press info to display the Program Info screen for that event.
- Navigate to Rent, shown as a $ icon, and press OK.
- Navigate to Rent again and press OK. A purchase confirmation message will appear on your screen.
Why are Parental Controls recommended?
Without setting Parental Controls, adult content and images will be visible when browsing the Adult category and may show up in search results within the On Demand menu
Can I watch my On Demand rental more than once?
You can watch your On Demand rental as many times as you like within your rental period. Just press MENU to access On Demand, and select My Videos, which will list all of your current rentals.
What if I only watched part of the movie and didn't get to finish it before the rental period expired?
Once the rental period has expired, you will not be able to watch the movie. You will have to order the movie again if you would like to watch it after the rental period expires. Regular rental charges apply.
Can I record a Pay Per View or On Demand program with my PVR?
You can record a Pay Per View event but On Demand content is not recordable.
How do I return to watching an On Demand rental after I've turned to another channel?
You can press the PREV button on your remote if your On Demand rental is the last program you watched. Alternatively, tune to channel 235 or press the On Demand button on your remote control.
Is there any free programming in On Demand?
Yes, there is. Check out Community TV and Help Centre. You may also have access to free content in TV On Demand based on your channel subscription packages.