Call Trace is a free service that provides legal evidence of harassing calls to your number.
If you receive a harassing call:
- Hang up immediately.
- Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone. Press *57 to trace the last call to your line.
- If the call was a threat to life, contact the police immediately. If not, the police suggest you trace three calls before contacting them.
- Be sure to note the date and time of each harassing call.
- Call Trace information is released to the police only. You will not be advised of the caller’s number.
- Call Trace is effective even when the caller has blocked their name and number.
If you receive nuisance hang-up calls, the police are not in a position to take action.
For more information on unlawful calls, call TELUS at 1-800-239-5346.
For information or to order
Request a quote or callback