Success Stories by Industry
See Success Stories related to your industry.
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Complimentary assessment helps university change course.
- Business benefit: Certain aspects of the course were re-assessed and re-worked to improve learning outcomes even further
- XM Satellite Radio
- TELUS helps XM Satellite Radio take to the air ahead of its competition.
- Business benefit: Co-managed infrastructure solution ensures availability and security.
- Goldwig Construction
- When construction company moves to new, larger premises, TELUS impresses them with on-time service, installation and training.
- Business benefit: The company’s people quickly become familiar with their new phone system, allowing them to focus on client needs.
- Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc
- Trans Power Utility Contractors Inc. improves communications efficiency.
- Business benefit: Collaboration in the field has improved, resulting in productivity increases.
- TELUS keeps lines of communication up and risks down.
- Business benefit: Over the long term, BackCheck anticipates 20% in IT savings.
- CRM and Internet Marketing management consulting firm searches for a phone system that can ring multiple numbers at the same time. Chooses TELUS IP-One hosted IP telephony solution.
- Business benefit: Customers can reach employees anywhere, anytime, virtually eliminating the need to leave messages. Full TELUS management means QIEM doesn’t have to worry about maintenance, upgrades or scalability.
- RAMECO Inc
- Business One™ delivers savings and effective client service
- Business benefit: RAMECO saves considerably on the costs of its communications.
- Support Excellence Inc.
- Support Excellence Inc. provides better service to its clients and their customers with CallCentreAnywhere™ from TELUS.
- Business benefit: Agents have access to more information and have found the new system to be far more reliable and easier to use
- Affluents School Board
- Mergers and consolidations made the Affluents School Board responsible for far more institutions. Working with TELUS, the Board built a 100 Mbps network to connect its own computers, and now shares Internet access with two other Boards, connecting a total of 20,000 computers. The Board also added IP telephony.
- Business benefits: Overall network and IP telephony ROI achieved in three years, with savings reinvested in schools. Educational outcomes enhanced. Customized voice mail ensures teachers and board employees never miss important calls.
- London District Cahtolic School Board
- When three school boards partnered to implement a centralized student management system, their application provider recommended a TELUS hosting solution rather than building their own data centre.
- BUSINESS BENEFIT: Teachers can access and update data about more than 40,000 students, from anywhere. Costs are dramatically lower, while TELUS 24x7 monitoring and management ensures the solution will always be available.
- BMO InvestorLine
- The expectations of the online investor meant the BMO Investorline needed to replace its outdated platform to remain the leading online brokerage. TELUS worked with BMO to migrate the Web site to the new platform and continues to provide expertise and support.
An immediate improvement to the customer online experience combined with the flexibility to add new features and functions quickly and easily.
- Envision Financial
- When two BC-based credit unions merged, the focus was on member retention. This meant migrating from both original unions’ legacy systems onto a new, common banking platform. TELUS facilitated the migration,hosts the system and provides ongoing management and support.
- Business benefit: All members have real time access to their accounts online and by phone, while Envision’s own resources are free to concentrate on value-added strategic IT projects
- Meridian Credit Union
- Newly merged credit union must combine two corporate cultures and provide outstanding service to more than 180,000 members. Rather than invest in new contact centre and infrastructure, the credit union chooses CallCentreAnywhere from TELUS.
- Business benefit: Integrated CRM and CTI technology ensure excellent customer service. Fully hosted solution allows Meridian to concentrate on the details of its merger.
- Prospera Credit Union
- A customized Disaster Recovery Solution from TELUS enables Prospera to branch out into virtual banking.
- Timberlands Investiment
- TIMA cuts down on IT resources and costs.
- Government of BC eHR
- When it decided to outsource its human resources functions, the Government of B.C. wanted a partner rather than a supplier. After an exhaustive Joint Solutioning Process, the Government selected TELUS.
- Business benefits: Government executives are free to focus on strategic issues. Working together at a TELUS Centre of Excellence in Victoria, the Government and TELUS develop innovative HR solutions that can be marketed to other organizations
- Government of BC Mainframe Management
- The Government of B.C. outsourced a number of technology services, including management of its MVS mainframe processing. Contract awarded to a unique partnership between IBM Canada and TELUS.
- Business benefits: Over 50% of costs driven out of the environment. Government has access to the thought leadership of IBM and the day-to-day presence and management expertise of TELUS.
- Parks Canada Agency
- Government agency employees spent considerable time and money travelling to meetings. Agency worked with TELUS to assess video conferencing as a possible solution. It found that meetings could be accomplished with dramatically reduced cost, complexity and stress.
- Business benefit: Travel costs dramatically reduced, while executives report a better quality of life and more time available with family.
- Regional Municipality Of Durham
- Region chooses TELUS to equip new 300,000 square foot administrative facility with audio and video equipment, as well as audio and video conferencing facilities in some of the rooms.
- Business benefits: Council meetings can be broadcast live. Set-up time in meeting rooms is minimal and there is no longer any need for departments to borrow equipment for presentations.
- Regional Police Service
- High speed wireless connections keep Police informed
- Business benefits: Information is transferred directly to laptops in police vehicles, dramatically reducing the need for dispatchers to repeat any messages
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- A mudslide brought emergency crews quickly to the scene. However, sloping terrain blocked cellular signals and lack of interoperability between systems restricted communications. TELUS provided Mike Direct Connect phones for on the ground communication and a Cellular on Wheels (COW) truck to “bend” a cellular signal into the valley.
- Business benefits: Different emergency crews could communicate “off net”, even before cellular coverage available. When the COW unit arrived, communications were established with homeowners and outside agencies.
- BC Regional Health Authorities
- When British Columbia rationalized its health system, 43 health regions were consolidated into 6 Health Authorities. Working with TELUS, a Health Private Network Gateway was implemented to securely interconnect the Health Authorities on a high-bandwidth, Quality of Service, IP-Enabled network.
- Business benefits: Patients outside major centres can receive specialized care without travelling. Diagnostic images can be shared electronically, reducing duplicate tests, saving money for the health system and minimizing patient discomfort
- Ethypharm Inc.
- With Microsoft Exchange managed by TELUS, Ethypharm’s people can send and receive e-mail on their handheld devices, via Outlook or Outlook Web Access from any Internet connection anywhere in the world.
- Business Benefit: Files can be securely shared over the Web, enabling employees to answer customer questions as quickly as possible
- Hamilton Health Sciences
- When upgrading its human resources technology and PeopleSoft application, Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) decided to market its expertise and infrastructure to other organizations. Of 6 respondents to its RFP, only TELUS met all criteria and had experience with healthcare human resources.
- Business benefits: Fixed HR costs for the next 15 years. TELUS brings best practices and analysis, freeing HHS executives to strategize. TELUS Centre of Excellence in Hamilton allows HHS and TELUS to develop innovative new HR practices that can be marketed to other organizations.
- Huron Perth Health Alliance
- Alliance brings doctors and patients together virtually.
- Business benefit: Training for physicians and other healthcare providers can be provided remotely, reducing travel costs and time away from work.
- Mitic Dental Implant Centre
- TELUS high speed Internet service enables dental office to process claims fast using Electronic Data Interface (EDI). Also provides access to online pharmaceutical and medical libraries.
- Business benefit: Faster claims payment, plus no need to budget money and space for an in-house library.
- Niagara Health System
- Ontario Hospital Organization benefits from simplified operations
- Business benefit: Reduced operational expenses and improved patient safety and staff communications.
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Wireless field inspection pilot pays for itself in two months
- Business benefit: Inspectors enjoy greater flexibility and efficiency, and can transmit inspection data directly from the field.
- Lloyds Canada
- The world’s leading insurance market opens a Canadian office with just a President and Vice-President. TELUS provides staffing and complete human resources and technology infrastructure solutions.
- Business benefit: Lloyd’s is able to serve underwriters and brokers in Canada through a single point of contact and easy-to-access Web portal.
- McLarens Canada
- MacLarens provides risk services to Canadian insurance companies. Operations were hampered by up to 300 pieces of spam per user per day. TELUS Anti-Spam service scans e-mail for spam and viruses, cleaning it before it reaches the MacLarens server.
- Business benefits: Users far more productive. IT department able to avoid potential 60% increase in salaries. No need to worry about server overload caused by unknowns.
- Auclair and Landry
- Gaining a competitive edge with real time fleet tracking.
- Business benefit: The time taken per job has been reduced from an average of eight hours to six and a half.
- BEL-FAST Printers
- Specialized printing company ran its own Microsoft Exchange server, but costs were outweighing benefits. TELUS recommended Microsoft Exchange managed by TELUS and offered a very attractive package. The company added Microsoft SharePoint managed by TELUS to enable anytime, anywhere document sharing.
- Business benefit: Immediate savings of over 25% per year in employee time spent managing the system, plus an additional 15% saving on hardware, cabling, upgrades and maintenance.
- Columbia Fuels
- Columbia Fuels customers warm up to same day deliveries with help from TELUS.
- Business benefit: All customer data is securely transmitted back to the corporate database, reducing errors by eliminating the need for re-entry.
- Dollar Giant
- TELUS Business One™ Bundle delivers time, administrative and dollar savings
- Business benefit: Dollar Giant saves close to 25% on its communications costs.
- Machine-O-Matic Ltd.
- Customers looking for machining shops in North America start searching on the Web. TELUS Shared Hosting enables Machine-O-Matic to showcase the value it provides, quickly update its offers, feature customer success stories and easily make changes themselves.
- Business benefit: The company attracts business from customers as far away as the US, including a new $60,000 account.
Sales and Marketing
- CIM (Consumer Impact Marketing)
- CIM reaches its targets with TELUS IP-One Innovation.
- Business benefit: The IP-One Innovation Web portal makes it easy for employees to set up their service from anywhere, and manage all their communications.
- EMG Marketing Group Inc
- Sales and marketing firm chooses TELUS to host their Web site and provide phone and Internet Fax services.
- Business benefit: “100% reliability” allows firm to generate and manage leads for its customers, knowing technical support is available whenever needed.
- Ecosystem Inc
- Environmental company reps spend more time on the road than in the office. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint managed by TELUS enable them to work from anywhere, picking up e-mail, sharing calendars and files, collaborating for success.
- Business benefit: Enhanced productivity for sales force, freedom for the company to focus on its core business and plans for expansion.
- Advanced security training speeds software development.
- Business benefit: Development cycles have been shortened and the solution is well on its way to repaying the company's investment.
- OneWorld Translations
- Software localizer chooses TELUS Desktop Backup Premium Service to protect the large files it works with. Automatic backups run every night at midnight.
- Business benefit: Company owner has peace of mind, especially after retrieving all her data following a computer theft.
- Aim Autosport
- Racing teams stay ahead with Mike and Direct Connect
- Business benefits: AIM can quickly and easily reach any of its team members, almost anywhere in North America
- Calgary Airport Authority
- Working with TELUS, Calgary Airport Authority improved the passenger experience by implementing Wi-Fi coverage throughout the Calgary Airport terminal. Passengers can connect to the Internet and their corporate networks from anywhere in the building.
- Business benefits: New revenue stream for the Airport Authority. Other airport tenants, such as car rental agencies and airlines, also leverage the wireless network to improve their customers’ experience.
- Fluke Transportation
- Fluke improves fleet efficiency and reduce costs.
- Business benefit: Improve maintenance costs by establishing rules for vehicles in terms of the number of hours they can be in operation between service intervals.
- KJV Courier
- TELUS Mike™ service delivers savings and productivity gains
- Business benefit: Text messaging on the Mike network has increased the company's work capacity by an estimated 100%
- Schenker Canada
- Leading management logistical services provider needs ultra-fast, reliable connections to keep its customers’ goods moving. The company moved its in-house data centre into a TELUS Internet Data Centre and upgraded to a converged network that also allowed for VoIP.
- Business benefit: Anytime, anywhere access to data, even during major 2003 blackout. Savings on travel and long distance costs. Employees available to customers, no matter where they are.
- Western Wheelers Inc.
- Keeping track with real time monitoring.
- Business benefit: Thanks to the data provided by TELUS Tracker, Western Wheelers ensures that its trucks and their cargo are always safe
- CNN Matthews
- Corporate news distributor turns to TELUS to integrate its Microsoft CRM solution with its client information application and Great Plains accounting software.
- Business benefit: Greater data integrity, easier order processing and improved customer service
- Norbord Industries Inc.
- International forest products company needed to ensure that internal users requiring technical support could reach the relevant person, even if that person was at home or travelling. TELUS IP-One Innovation provides the IP telephony features the company needs.
- Business benefit: Callers dial a single number and reach the support person at any time, no matter where he or she is. Other features of TELUS IP-One Innovation make it an invaluable tool for mobile workers.
- Perfect Turf Inc.
- Keeping the focus on growth with bundled solutions.
- Business benefit: With only one communications bill to take care of each month, there is far less administrative work
- Tucker Wireline Services
- Wireless tickets mean better accuracy, faster payment
- Business benefit: Electonic invoices can be submitted within hours of a job being completed.
For information or to order